SPT Uniforms are the approved provider of Delta uniform. They offer an excellent service to ensure that ordering your child’s academy uniform is easy and stress-free. The company also offer a ‘pre-loved’ service, providing high quality uniforms at an affordable price.
Please click here to order Green Lane Primary Academy Uniforms.
The online store offers a simple way to order all your academy uniform in one place. To order uniform and for more information please visit www.sptuniforms.co.uk.
If you have any enquiries/queries regarding the purchasing of uniform, please contact SPT uniforms:
Telephone: 0113 245 9959 (Main Office)
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Please note that children do not have to wear branded items, and non-branded items can be purchase in a with number of retailer.
Uniform and appearance expectations
There is the expectation that all children wear the uniform when attending the academy, or when participating in an academy-organised event outside normal academy hours.
Our academy uniform is based on the notion that it:
- promotes a sense of pride;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging;
- is practical, smart, safe and hardwearing for indoor and outdoor learning in keeping with our academy’s ethos;
- identifies the children with the academy;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and prevents distractions caused by latest fashion and trends;
- Is environmentally friendly, with recycling options;
- provides good value for money.
The branded academy uniform is available from the SPT Uniform shop on Garforth Main Street, which also provides a wide range of the items specific to all the academies and schools within Garforth. The shop is open on a regular basis. General items, such as trousers, skirts, pinafores, shirts etc. Children do not have to wear branded items and non-branded items are available from a large number of other retailers.
We do not allow children to wear jewellery at GLPA. The exception to this rule is earring studs in pierced ears. We ask the children to either remove earrings during PE and games, or cover them with a plaster/surgical tape, to prevent them from causing injury. Children may also wear a watch (not a Smart watch).
GLPA wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We ask that all children wear shoes that are safe (closed toe), sensible and suitable for outdoor learning (flat shoes, no heels). Trainers may be brought to school to change into for outdoor PE lessons. If children arrive in trainers they will be asked to change into a pair of pumps and change back at home time.
Hair should be neat, no extreme haircuts and the child’s own natural colour.
No make-up is to be worn by the children of the Academy and no nail varnish. The exception to this rule is on designated fancy dress days.
In order to avoid confusion and to keep Lost Property to a minimum, all items of clothing, P.E. kit, bags etc. MUST be clearly named.
We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to GLPA correctly dressed and ready for their daily schoolwork. Parents have the responsibility of ensuring their child has the correct uniform and that it is clean and in good repair.
If any parent would like the academy to modify the uniform and appearance, they should make representation, in the first instance, to the Head of Academy.
The academy welcomes children from all backgrounds and faith communities. If there are serious reasons, for example on religious grounds, why parents want their child to wear clothes that differ from the academy uniform, the academy will consider such requests.
The governing body monitors and reviews the academy uniform policy through its committee work by:
- seeking the views of parents,
- Considering, with the Principal, any requests from parents for individual children to have special dispensation with regard to academy uniform.
Academy Uniform List
- Black trousers
- Black skirt
- Plain Black shorts (No logos)
- Black pinafore dress
- Blue gingham summer dress
- White polo shirt (Plain or with Academy logo)
- Tie – Year 6
- White collared shirt – Year 6
- Royal Blue round necked sweatshirt (Plain or with Academy logo)
- Royal Blue (Plain or with Academy logo)
- Socks: navy blue, black or white
- Tights: Navy blue, black or white
- Shoes: Navy blue, brown or black. Boots may be worn in winter as long as they are plain and flat (no heels). In summer children are still required to wear full shoes (no sandals).
From September 2023, we have moved to our new Delta branded uniform (royal blue style). Families who wish to continue to wear the old uniform (jade t-shirts and navy jumpers) are able to do so, until the items are no longer fit for purpose.
PE and School Sport
- Navy PE shorts, White PE Shirt (Plain or with academy logo) and pumps
- Additional Outdoor PE Wear: Trainers, tracksuit top and bottoms (No football strips).
Nursery Uniform – (Non-compulsory) but most of the children wear the uniform as listed above.
Bags – Children should bring a GLPA book bag to school daily, plus a drawstring bag for PE kit. We do not have the room in cloakrooms for large backpacks. Children who cycle to school may bring a backpack to school.
Garforth Extended Services can also provide a uniform grant to families in receipt of Free School Meals.