Year 3 - work
The children in Year 3 have been extremely busy at home, completing many different learning tasks. Here's a selection for you to enjoy!
In Science, we have been exploring light. This week we looked at how shadows are formed and then carried out an investigation to find out how and why shadows change their size.
In maths, we have been looking at multiplying and dividing.
Creative TTRS Practise at home
We have been busy in English, looking at news reports and their features and we are now learning a text map, linked to a news report.
We have completed lots of Geography work, studing the United Kingdom and the location of rivers and mountains. We are now looking a little further afield, studing world maps of where rainforests are located and what the weather and climate is like. We have also compared how our lives are different to someone who lives in a rainforest.
We are studying how to say different foods, in Spanish.
Our class text this term is 'Iron Man' and we have been busy making predictions and finding out how the Iron Man is introduced, at the beginning of the story.
Creating my own animal and making facts up about it.
A rainforest with a selection of different animals inside, made by Alex.
Archie created his own rainforest animal!
A rainforest made from Lego, by Georgie!
- Iron Man news reports - 28-1-21(635 KB)
- GLAM Homework - Tree frog(87 KB)
- GLAM Homework - Rainforest PowerPoint(1.53 MB)
- GLAM Homework - Congo Rainforest PPT with animations(9.62 MB)
- Children's Mental Health Week 2021(1.11 MB)
- Alex's news report(269 KB)
- E-Safety posters (competition) Feb 21(974 KB)
- Chinese New Year 12-2-21(1.21 MB)