I am Verna Hector and my role in the academy is the Pupil and Family Support Worker. My main focus is to ensure that all children are happy and safe to enable them to learn by supporting children and families in removing any barrier to learning. I work with children individually and with groups offering a nurturing approach to building confidence and self-esteem.
I run lunch club most days to enable children to access quiet time inside and someone to talk to if they have any worries.
I am the deputy safeguarding officer so you may contact me through the office if you ever have any concerns regarding a child in our academy.
I work alongside external agencies to provide a strong link between the academy and the outside. I work closely with Garforth Extended Services.
Should you wish to speak to me regarding your child, please come to the office and ask for me, ring or send an email to email@example.com. Parents are very welcome to come and look at the uniform that has been donated by other parents and take anything you could use.
- Friendly, non-judgemental advice and support
- A listening ear
- A link between home and academy
- Help with your child’s behaviour
- A chance to talk through issues and concerns
- Information on parenting courses
- Information regarding academy issues
- Support on home issues
- An understanding of how to become more involved in your child’s academy
- “I am worried about my child changing classes/academies.”
- “How can I meet other parents?”
- “I just need someone to talk to.”
- “I am struggling to cope.”
- “I am worried about my child’s behaviour.”
- “I didn't enjoy school but I want my child to.”
- “Since my partner left things just haven't been the same.”
- “I’d like to develop my own skills.”
Quotes from Parents
I feel that you are an asset to the school, and are really friendly, caring and also a very professional member of staff.
Coffee mornings are great and when I get the opportunity to go, I really enjoy them. They are extremely successful and enjoyed by all. Again, it gives parents the opportunity to gain help and support and build relationships with other parents and members of staff, and if there is an issue that anyone needs to approach with you for we know she will be available at this time.
The Dinner time Club! What an absolutely amazing idea! I cannot tell you what a difference it has made to Gabrielle. Having her own special club where she feels included and part of something special has been a tremendous help.